In winter, heating options to keep shed warm make sure you’re comfortable and productive, even in cold weather. A small wood burning stove, propane heater, kerosene heater, oil radiator, pellet heater, and good insulation are the best options to keep shed warm. These 6 heating options keep your shed warm in winter, with or without electricity.
6 Ways to Keep Shed Warm In Winter
To stay and keep shed warm so you can be comfortable and productive throughout the winter, you’ll need to find a good heat souce. Just make sure you have proper ventilation.
1. Small Wood Burning Stove
A small wood burning stove is a hugely popular way to stay warm in the office shed. It’s a cheap source of heat that uses only firewood and no electricity. Some models come with a cooktop so you can even make some breakfast while you’re working. Stylish contemporary and compact designs are available that do a great job of heating even large spaces.
- 68,000 BTUs heats up to 1,200 Sq. Ft.
- Firebrick lined for long life and combustion efficiency while large ash pan with brushed nickel handle makes cleanup easy
- Accepts logs up to 18" in length
- Brushed nickel spring door handle and pedestal base provides an elegant look to any room
- Blower sold separately (model CB36 or B36)
2. Propane Heater
A portable propane heater can be safe to run indoors with as long as you have one that has been approved for indoor use. With proper ventilation and a carbon monoxide detector to be extra safe, you can heat your shed up quickly and cheaply without having to install a chimney or ventilation hole.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
3. Kerosene Heater
A portable kerosene heater is cheaper to run than a propane heater. Kerosene uses less fuel than propane and the cost of kerosene is slightly less, too. This can be run without electricity, but to make sure you’re safe and reduce the risks of fire, get one that won’t tip over easily.
- 23,000 BTU/hour
- Heats up to 1,000 SQ.FT.
- NO ELECTRICITY NEEDED
- Save on utility bills!
- Dependable - Ideal for emergency use or daily use
4. Oil Radiator
Oil radiators heat the room really fast, but do need electricity. In a small space, do yourself a favor and get one with a remote control so you don’t have to get up again once you’ve sat down to work. This one has a remote which adjusts settings, sounds, and the timer. It also has a thermostat and the heating elements aren’t exposed, so you won’t burn your hands.
- Up to 300 sq.ft. Heating for Whole Room: 1500W high power, spindle-shaped openings and M-shaped heating fins create stack effect to provide 360° efficient circulation of hot air in rooms up to 300 square feet, keeping your home cozy and warm without drying out the air. Dreo oil radiator heater is your best go-to in winter
- Feel Heat Faster: The spindle-shaped openings, 225 mm larger than others enlarged fins and Dual U-shaped heating tubes make the Dreo oil radiator heater so effective in distributing heat that the heat can be doubled and released quickly, evenly and efficiently to a large area or the entire room.
- Cool Touch Design: With the wraparound heating fins design, the heating element and fins are not directly exposed, preventing burn risks. The exteriors are also specially treated to be only at 80℃ at most during use, 30% less hot to the touch than most oil heaters.
- Enhanced Safety: Dreo Oil Filled Radiator Heater made of V0 flame retardant materials was certified by UL. Built-in tip-over switch, Dreo Oil-filled heater will automatically shut off while tip-over by accident to ensure you and your family are safe and worry-free
- Energy Efficient: Equipped with 600W/900W/1500W heating modes, this space heater also features a smart ECO mode that adjusts the working mode based on the room temperature with built-in precise temperature sensor, continuously keeping your home in constant warmth while saving more on your energy bills in winter
5. Pellet Heater
A pellet stove is similar to a wood burning stove but instead of logs, it burns pellets which are made of sawdust and wood bits. Pellet stoves burn cleaner than wood stoves but you need to plug them in and keep an eye on the ash pan.
- 50,000 btu - Heats up to 2,800 sq. feet!
- Large viewing area - Bay Design - Carbon Black!
- Powerful Blower, EPA Certified, 110 Volt
- 55 lbs. Hopper Capacity,Auto Ignition, Ash Pan, Programmable Thermostat
- 1 Year Parts Warranty-Technical assistance available after purchase
Insulation helps you stay warm in the office by keeping the warm air in and the cold air out. If don’t have insulation in your shed, you can install it cheaply.
If there’s no way you’ll be able to get your shed insulated before winter comes, then you can do smaller things to make it warmer. Fixing a drafty door and single glazing windows will help insulate the shed, too. Seal doors and windows, add draft excluders like a door snake, and put up heavy drapes to keep the heat inside.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL - The door draft stopper is filled with polyester wadding and especially added glass beads, weight up to (2.7 lb), ensure the door blocker is not easily moved away from your door.
- MULTI-FUNCTION DOOR SNAKE BLOCKER-The door snake blocker is dust proof, windproof, has good sound insulation effect, can stop the hot and cold air cross, also effectively insulating light from exterior.
- CONVENIENT TO USE - The door draft guard is easy to install and remove. Just apply the included hook tape to your door, then stick the door draft stopper. Also, it's soft enough to be directly inserted under the door gap.
- ALL SEASON PROTECTION - Please be careful not to catch a cold in cold winter or waste air conditioner in hot summer. we have prepared the door draft stopper seal for you.
- RECYCLE USAGE - This door draft stopper can be washed by machine or by hands. The two hanging loops ensures that it can be hung on anywhere, convenient for storage and be recycled to use.
Stay warm in the office shed all winter long with these 6 ways to keep it heated. Seal up drafty doors and windows and insulate your shed, if you can, to keep the heat in and the cold out.